The Pathways for Civic Growth project team presented a workshop on integrating civic mindedness and engagement into advising and the institutional culture at Pitt. As this project continues to scale up, the team looks forward to collaborating with new partners across Pitt’s many schools and departments to make the Pathways for Civic Growth a part of every advisor’s toolbox.
The focus of this meeting was to introduce attendees to the civic diagnostic tool, mentoring protocol, and resources for directing students to civic experiences that fit their needs via a central location for opportunities.
- Linda DeAngelo, Associate Professor, Administrative and Policy Studies, School of Education
- Lina Dostilio, Associate Vice Chancellor for Community Engagement, Community and Governmental Relations
- Holly Hickling, Academic Community Engagement Advisor, University Honors College
- Sarah Kurz, PhD Student and Graduate Researcher, Administrative and Policy Studies, School of Education
- Meredith Mavero, Manager of Student Programs and Community Outreach, Institute of Politics
- Alka Singh, Director of Experiential Learning, School of Computing and Information
View the Workshop Recording